Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW3186: Law, Politics and Power
This module descriptor refers to the 2023/4 academic year.
Indicative Reading List
This reading list is indicative - i.e. it provides an idea of texts that may be useful to you on this module, but it is not considered to be a confirmed or compulsory reading list for this module.
- J Wolff, An Introduction to Political Philosophy (OUP, 2016)
- D Held, ‘Central Perspectives on the Modern State’, Ch 2 in G McLennan, D Held and S Hall, The Idea of the Modern State (1984)
- J Hoffman and P Graham, Introduction to Political Theory (2015) Ch 5 ‘Democracy’
- B Tamanaha, On the Rule of Law: History, Politics, Theory (2004)
- B Crick, Democracy: A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2002)
- L Holmes, Communism: A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2009)
- K Passmore, Fascism: A Very Short Introduction (OUP, 2014)
- R O Paxton, The Anatomy of Fascism (2004)