Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW3701: Law Placement
This module descriptor refers to the 2018/9 academic year.
This module aims to develop your personal management skills and experience of learning through work. The module allows you to fully explore the links between the skills developed and study and practice of law in whichever business setting your placement is within. The module aims to prepare you for the world of work beyond the University through not only increased knowledge but also a first-hand understanding of a professional working environment. During the year you will enhance their key transferable skills through the management of their learning in an independent context. i.e. working with others; problem solving; communication. During the year you will also develop their capacity for self-assessment through structured reflection on your experience. As part of the assessment for this module you will be required to write a business report which will allow you to link your theoretical knowledge of the law to your practical experience. When writing the report you will need to analyse and apply academic literature to your real-world experience. On completion you will enjoy enhanced employability skills.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Produce job applications that represent your strengths and target specific employers in an appropriate manner;|
2. Demonstrate critical awareness of the similarities and differences in approaches to law between work experience and academic study at Exeter
3. Reflect critically on practical experiences gained, and the impact they may have on your views and actions;
4. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the workplace including relevant polices, working practices, commercial awareness, strategy and visions of the organisation;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||5. reflect on the relationship between learning law and legal or business skills developed, with learning and skills developed through your work placement.|
6. systematically research the academic background to and legal or law-related issues arising from your placement;
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Develop / enhance practical work-based skills and experience;|
8. Negotiate the different types of working relationships with staff within the workplace, and others - directly or indirectly - relevant to the placement;
9. Identify and reflect on personal challenges and to learn from their resolution;
10. Use a range of technologies and applications relevant to most work places;