Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW1701: Law Placement
This module descriptor refers to the 2022/3 academic year.
Whilst the precise content may vary from year to year, it is envisaged that the syllabus will cover all or some of the following topics:
- Introduction to LLB (Hons) Law with Professional Placement and the benefits of placements.
- Self-reflection – appraisal of employability skills.
- Research – considering your options.
- Creating your CV.
- Effective application forms and cover letters.
- Interviews, placement search, and LinkedIn.
Learning and Teaching
This table provides an overview of how your hours of study for this module are allocated:
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching Activities||Guided independent study||Placement / study abroad|
...and this table provides a more detailed breakdown of the hours allocated to various study activities:
|Category||Hours of study time||Description|
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching activities||15||1 x 1 hour workshop and 7 x 2 hour workshops.|
|Guided Independent Study||16||Individual participation in e-learning tasks, research of potential roles, CV building, etc.|
This module has online resources available via ELE (the Exeter Learning Environment).
ELE – LAW1701 – Law Placement
Career Zone on-line careers resources: