Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW3043: Company Law
This module descriptor refers to the 2022/3 academic year.
It is envisaged that the syllabus will include the following topics in the following order although precise content and order may vary.
- Introduction business enterprise and the company
- Corporate form and structure: corporate personality and lifting the veil of incorporation; the company’s constitution
- Ownership and control: shareholders, directors and decision-making; corporate governance
- Duties and remedies: directors' duties; shareholder remedies
- Dealing with the outside world: contractual, tortious and criminal responsibility; corporate social responsibility
- Capital: share capital; loan capital
- Corporate Insolvency: insolvency and corporate rescue; winding up of companies; liability of directors on insolvent liquidation
- Revision session
Learning and Teaching
This table provides an overview of how your hours of study for this module are allocated:
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching Activities||Guided independent study||Placement / study abroad|
...and this table provides a more detailed breakdown of the hours allocated to various study activities:
|Category||Hours of study time||Description|
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching activity||46||23 x 2 hour lectures (including introductory and revision sessions)|
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching activity||9||6 x 1.5 hour workshops|
|Guided Independent Study||120||Individual reading and lecture preparation|
|Guided Independent Study||35||Workshop preparation|
|Guided Independent Study||80||Summative assessment preparation|
|Guided Independent Study||10||Formative assessment preparation|
This module has online resources available via ELE (the Exeter Learning Environment).