Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW3109C: Law Placement
This module descriptor refers to the 2021/2 academic year.
Please note that this module is only delivered on the Penryn Campus.
The aims of this module are to provide you with opportunities to
- develop your personal management skills and experience of learning through work;
- explore the links between the skills developed and the study and practice of law and business in your placement’s setting;
- prepare for the world of work beyond university through increased knowledge and first-hand understanding of a professional working environment;
- enhance your grasp of key transferable skills (such as working with others, problem-solving, communication) through the management of your learning in an independent context;
- develop your capacity of self-assessment through structured reflection on your experience;
- enhance your employability skills.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the area(s) of practice, or sector(s), in which the placement(s) took place.|
2. Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the workplace including relevant policies, working practices, commercial awareness, strategy and visions of the organisation(s).
3. Reflect critically on practical skills developed while on placement.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Demonstrate critical awareness of the similarities and differences in approaches to law and/or business between work experience and academic study.|
|Personal and Key Skills||5. Develop/enhance practical work-based skills and experience.|
6. Negotiate the different types of working relationships with staff within the workplace, and others - directly or indirectly - relevant to the placement.
7. Identify and reflect on personal challenges and to learn from their resolution.