Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW3151A: Research Paper
This module descriptor refers to the 2023/4 academic year.
The aim of the module is to give you the opportunity to develop further your independent research and argumentation skills, and to acquire knowledge and develop understanding of a specialist topic in law. The module also aims to encourage and inspire you to engage critically with legal research and scholarship on a specific research question. It provides particularly good experience in carrying out and presenting legal research if you are considering postgraduate study in the future.
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. identify, define and construct a critical analysis of a discrete research topic in law;|
2. identify and define key research question(s) about the chosen research topic;
3. demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the selected legal issues acquired through independent research and study;
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. integrate and assess information from a comprehensive range of relevant legal materials;|
5. demonstrate detailed knowledge of a range of complex legal issues and their contextual implications, where relevant;
6. evaluate critically the materials considered and used for the research paper;
|Personal and Key Skills||7. plan and undertake tasks efficiently, to reflect critically on the learning process and to make effective use of feedback from the supervision process;|
8. work independently, to manage time efficiently and meet strict deadlines;
9. develop and structure an argument over a sustained piece of writing and in an effective manner;