Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW2701: Law Placement
This module descriptor refers to the 2022/3 academic year.
Whilst the precise content may vary from year to year, it is envisaged that the syllabus will cover all or some of the following topics:
- Securing your placement – review of expectations/responsibilities during the placement search and placement approval process (including how to seek approval for a placement, health and safety, and risk assessment).
- Health and safety and what to do when you secure a placement.
- Professionalism in the workplace: ethics and culture.
- Introduction to placement year academic assessments.
- Student responsibilities and support.
- Skills sessions and mock interviews.
- CVs, LinkedIn and applications.
Learning and Teaching
This table provides an overview of how your hours of study for this module are allocated:
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching Activities||Guided independent study||Placement / study abroad|
...and this table provides a more detailed breakdown of the hours allocated to various study activities:
|Category||Hours of study time||Description|
|Scheduled Learning and Teaching activities||20||2 x 1 hour workshops and 9 x 2 hour workshops.|
|Guided Independent Study||16||Individual participation in e-learning tasks, research of potential roles, writing applications, etc.|
This module has online resources available via ELE (the Exeter Learning Environment).
ELE – LAW2701 – Law Placement
Career Zone on-line careers resources: