Undergraduate Module Descriptor
LAW3017C: Land Law
This module descriptor refers to the 2022/3 academic year.
The aims of this module are
- to provide you with a clear and in-depth understanding of different types of rights in land, and of the rules and principles governing acquisition and transfer of such rights;
- to provide you with an understanding of the social and political dimensions of some aspects of land law;
- to provide you with opportunities to develop legal skills
|On successfully completing the programme you will be able to:|
|Module-Specific Skills||1. Identify and define various rights that exist in relation to land.|
2. Explain and apply principles and rules governing land law.
3. Critically assess the present state of aspects of land law in social and political contexts.
|Discipline-Specific Skills||4. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of a range of complex and technical legal concepts and principles.|
5. Identify key elements of legal problems and select appropriate methods for investigating and evaluating them.
6. Select and present in a coherent way relevant law and legal / theoretical arguments.
|Personal and Key Skills||7. Demonstrate effective and accurate written communication skills in a manner appropriate to the discipline / different contexts.|
8. Identify, retrieve and use efficiently, a range of library-based and electronic resources.
9. Reflect upon your own skills development and set and achieve skills development goals.